Saturday 7 May 2016

Live Your Dream With Passion - Journal Page for Colour Blast

Hello. 
Happy Mothers Day to all the Mum's today! 
 Its Kerry here again with a journal page to share.

I started in my 'Colour and Texture' Journal, which is actually just an old book I found at an op-shop (thrift store).  I had added some washi tape to the pages and then covered in a layer of white gesso.



I added some random stamping using Black Archival Ink as this is permanent and won't bleed if I add water later.

Next I took the 'Dusty Charcoal' paste and an old gift card.  I dipped the edge of the gift card into the paste and used it to apply the paste to the page in lines.

  


Then I took the 'Deep Water' paste and popped a small amount on my craft mat and added water and mixed well until I had quite a fluid consistency.  Then I painted the mixture across the middle of my page and allowed the drips to run down the page.
 

I dried the page off a little and repeated the same water mixing step with the 'Royalty' paste.  I let the drips run in both directions and added a few splatters as well, then I dried the page thoroughly.

I grabbed the 'Bling and Leather' pastes and ran them together through a stencil to add a little more texture to my background.

















 Using the same gift card application technique from earlier, I picked up some of the 'Bling' paste and used it to accent the 'Dusty Charcoal' lines I had made earlier.  I inked around the edge of the page with 'Black Archival Ink' and also highlighted the edges randomly with the 'Bling' paste.



 I added a few quote stickers and some bling and microbeads to finish it off.







Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment