Tuesday 15 January 2019

Butterfly Canvas for Lindy's Gang

Hello Lindy's Gang! Happy New Year to you all! Today I am sharing a Butterfly canvas using Lindy's fabulous Magical Shakers to create my background and some gorgeous embossing powder to give my chipboard a lovely textured shimmery finish. Lets get started!

12(1)

To start, apply some texture paste horizontally and vertically to the canvas, I have left the upper left space empty as this is where my focal point will be and then added the paste more sparingly toward the edges.
1(1) 

Before allowing the paste to dry,  add some chipboard to the canvas using a matte gel medium and then leave to dry.

2

Using archival ink and stamps,  add some more interest to the background....

3

...and then give everything a good coat of white gesso and dry throughly.

4

Now grab some magical shakers, I wasnt sure which colors I would use, so I grabbed a few...LOL

5

To begin, mix some Guten Tag Teal and Bavarian Blue with some water in a palette and using a brush add the color to the canvas. I also added some Autumn Maple Crimson which gave me a lovely purple. Allow this to dry completely.

6

Add some metallic gilding paste to the chipboard in copper and blue....

7

...I felt my background was a little light, so I added some Time travel Teal for added depth.

9

Once this is dry,  splash some black ink onto the canvas.

10

To give the focal point some texture, paint the chipboard with black paint, whilst the paint is still wet, add some Morning Glory Azure embossing powder, when drying with the heat tool, the paint will bubble and give additional texture whilst melting the embossing powder


8

To finish off, layer with flowers, gems and a few old rusted items. I have used a gorgeous chipboard butterfly pin from my stash as the focal point and a smattering of microbeads for extra detail.


12(1)

Lindys Products: Guten Tag Teal shalker  Bavarian Blueshaker  Autumn Maple Crimson shaker Morning Glory Azure embossing powder
Other Products: Canvas, Whichcraft Chipboard, Gel medium, texture paste, gesso, flowers, gems, stamps, archival ink
Thanks for dropping by and have a magical day
Lindys Blog Designer badge 2019 Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment