Friday, 20 January 2017

Magical Art Journal - for Lindy's Stamp Gang

 Hello!!! Kerry here and I am so excited to share my first ' Lindy's' project with you! I made a fabulous Art Journal using Lindy's Magicals ! These powerful little pots of pigment are so versatile and the color combinations are endless.



 The base of the cover was prepared with gesso. I added some paper strips, washi tape, fabric strips, lace, stamping and gauze to give lots of different texture.

 

Once this was dry I added Lindy's Magicals in: 
Yellow Rose of Texas
 Lucky Shamrock Green 
Tibetan Poppy Teal 
Hydranger Blue 
 Prima Donna Purple 
 Sweet Violet Purple Teal 

I colored the chipboard frame and flowers with the same colors using a paint brush and I added some crystals and gems for a little extra bling.


The additional fabric and lace dangles were also colored using the same Magicals.


The cover has a lovely sparkle that is hard to capture in pictures, but I promise it's there. This greenish blue shine on the 'wish' tile (seen below) was achieved using: 
Royal Peacock Fire Glitz Spritz. 


 Each of the pages inside (300gsm watercolor paper) were colored with a mix of two of the Magicals used on the cover. The whimsical watercolor effects are different every time. 


I have embellished each page with stamping, doodling, fabric, stickers and a few gems for a bit of sparkle.





  You can watch the process video below :)


Thanks for dropping by :)
 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kerry........I absolutely love this (as I love everything you do!). Could you possibly give details on the specific heart stamps you used? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda! I used 2 sets, one was by 'Carabelle', unfortunately i cant find a name for it :( The other set was from 'Darkroom Door' and is called 'hearts set'. Have fun xx

      Delete