Tuesday 5 January 2016

LSG January Challenge

Happy New Year!!  I have decided that this year I am going to enter more challenges, do more youtube tutorials and spend more time creating, so to help me kick off the New Year on the right foot I have decided to enter the Lindys Stamp Gang January color challenge.
 


I didnt have those exact colours so i have used:
Salt water taffy
Frenchys pink pouf
Baby blue eyes aqua

Hopefully the blue/aqua is close enough to the mint green :)


First I took a Whichcraft white chipboard tag and used Finnabair's snowflake paste through a TCW 'Mini Specimens' stencil.  After I dried the paste I spritzed the tag heavily with water.  While still wet I sprayed the LSG colours mentioned above all over the tag to create the colourful background and dried with heat tool.

I also sprayed the Whichcraft mixed size butterflies with the Lindys and inked the edges with black archival ink.  I used the lid of the LSG bottle and an empty paper towel roll dipped in Liquitex white ink to make some more circles on the background.


I coloured the Whichcraft mini Evie frame (not yet released) with distress stain in black soot.  I blinged up the butterflies with stickles, rhinestones and flower sequins. I shaded my circles with some gelatos to give them some dimension  All the items were layered and adhered and some random stamping with a 'grid' type stamp (kaisercraft maybe?) added to the background. I added a fitting quote with some Tim Holtz chit chat stickers added to finish off. 


Thanks for dropping by!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kerry, I saw this on Facebook and had to come and have a closer look! I love the gorgeous colours and texture. A truly wonderful work of art!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerry ur work is always gorgeous

    ReplyDelete