Thursday 19 July 2018

Tranquility - A Journal Page for Lindy's

Hello Lovely's. I have a journal page to share with you today. I had such a lovely time just playing in my journal, with no plan or idea what I was going to create, it was so peaceful and enjoyable and this 'tranquil' page is what I ended up with. I used just 3 of the fabulous Lindy's Starburst Sprays to add all this color to my page.

8

To begin, I spritzed some water on my pages. I lightly sprayed the Bling-y Blonde and Pretty in Pink Pink sprays and then added more water and moved the page around to blend the colors a little. I mopped up some of the water with a paper towel and then added a few splashes of each color to intensify the color in some spots and dried off with a heat tool.

1(1)

I added a little random text stamping using black archival ink.2

Next, using a paint brush, I applied some gesso to help soften the background.

3

I selected a couple of washi tapes with similar colors to add to my page, this gave me some additional texture and makes the background more interesting to look at. I added a little more gesso over the tape with a palette knife to give the page a more cohesive look and dried off thoroughly.

4

Using archival ink and some stamps, I have added a border and some circles.


5

I added my embellishments, a gorgeous lotus die cut and some dew drops. Some gesso was applied to the circles to help them pop up from the background. Using the Shabby turbine teal spray a few light splashes were added to the page above the lotus.  I applied some shading to the underside of the lotus with a black stabilo all pencil and then using the Shabby Turbine Teal spray and a paint brush, I painted the 'water' for the lotus to sit on.

6

A 'Whichcraft' chipboard title, some black archival ink around the edges and a few black splatters finished the page off.

7

Lindy's Products: Shabby turbine teal, Bling-y Blonde and Pretty in Pink Pink sprays.
Other Products: Die Cut lotus, Whichcraft chipboard, archival ink, gesso, acrylic dew drops, stabilo all pencil, stamps
Thanks for dropping by and have a magical day! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment